The Indiana Alcoholic Beverage Certification Training, LLC is an Indiana based corporation. Our company has one primary function, that is to train Indiana’s alcoholic beverage servers. The ownership, management, and training staff have a background in law enforcement, healthcare, education, and the food service industry. We have brought these four backgrounds together to provide you some of the best training available.
In 2005, the Indiana State Legislature passed laws requiring “Server Training” of certain alcoholic beverage servers. Effective January 1st, 2010 state law (I.C. 7.1-3-1.5-13 b) now requires ALL
alcoholic beverage servers, owners, and managers to attend a “certification” program. These individuals MUST attend this “certification” program PRIOR to May 1st, 2010. Any server employed after January 1st, 2010 will have 120 days to complete this training. This training is MANDATORY!!!
7/1/2010 Senate Bill #75 extended the requirement date to may 1st 2011.
Course of Instruction
Our instructors have all been trained by the Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco Commission (Indiana State Excise Police). We will train you in the exact topics required by state law. These topics will include:
- State laws and rules regarding the sale and service of alcoholic beverages
- The classification of alcohol as a depressant and the effect of alcohol on the human body, particularly on the ability to drive a motor vehicle
- The effects of alcohol when taken with commonly used prescription and nonprescription drugs; and on human behavior
- Methods of identifying and refusing to serve or sell alcoholic beverages to an underage or intoxicated person and handling situations involving an underage or intoxicated person
- Methods for properly and effectively checking the identification of an individual
- Identifying an illegal identification of an individual and handling situations involving individuals who have provided illegal identification
- Security and law enforcement issues regarding the sale and service of alcoholic beverages and recognizing certain behavior to assess the amount of alcohol an individual has consumed and may safely consume
We have attempted to make the registration as easy as possible. We have selected cities and towns around the state of Indiana to make any needed travel as convenient as possible. Please go to our Classes tab above to view cities near you.
Registration has been made easy and secure over this internet site. After you have selected the city in which you desire to be trained, select the date and time you desire. This training will last a minimum of two (2) hours as required by law. Upon successful completion of this class you will receive a “server certificate” that you can provide to your employer or the State of Indiana to prove “certification” completion.